Do you think boys are easier to raise than girls?

I've been hearing this alot and while it maybe true for some parents I think raising my daughter has been pretty easy so far. I mean, she's only three, but she isn't as fussy as most moms with girls claim girls to be. She's sweet, she's happy all the time, she's helpful, and she's always gentle with younger children. Sometimes she is fussy but that's usually because she doesn't feel well.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 10:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Having one of each, I'm gonna say...they're both pretty hard! Girls are easier in some ways and harder in others, and likewise with boys!
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 10:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I do.... very much so. My kids are only 5yr/3m (boy) and 3yr/8m (girl) but so far I do...... my son is moodier, harder to soothe/calm and distract. He has more energy, sleeps less, rests less.... and listens less. Lol.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• So far my boy is the easiest of my 3 children, but he's only 2. My girls are 13 and 2. They're all great kids, but he is much more compliant than the girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My dd's only 9 mo so I'm going off what I remember as a kid. I think I was easier than my brother when we were younger, I'd sit still & listen & not break things. I was WAY harder once I hit puberty!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My mother had both. She has always said, and I tend to believe this is true, that girls are easiest the first 10 years, boys are easiest the second 10 years. If you really think about it, it makes sense.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• right now i have one of each..and one on the way...i think in some ways i think raising boys is way easier..in others girls..but i d k. i guess in the loong run im gonna say boys tho.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Having been a psychpath female teenager yes, boys are easier
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It's an individual thing and even within the same child there are different life stages or personality quirks that change throughout your lives together. My DS presents some challenges. So does my DD. Both are smart, independent little folk. On a regular day they are easy kids to raise at last through the last 7 and 5 years respectively. They are polite. However, DD is ABSOLUTELY much more melodramatic then her brother ever was. At 3? No problem. At 5? Gosh, I corrected her the other day and she told me "My whole life form the day I was born until I was 5 has been just terrible." Another time her brother asked her to stop taking the legos he had been using. She brought him the entire box from her room and cried, "Fine. Go ahead. Just take them all!" Now, *I* don't talk like that. I don't let it go without mention. Overall she's easy BUT when she's tempered up. holy cow! Wait for 13. Yikes! I say the same for DS too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• no. I think it depends on the child and not the gender. I have 2 girls and a boy. My oldest is very easy my youngest not so much. Oh both girls by the way.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• YES!! OMG, yes. My daughter was the quiet, seen not heard type. After my son started walking and getting around more on his own they've become a handful. She's never tried to get out of her highchair or rocker. One of the first things he accomplished was escaping. Even with being strapped in (the straps were just snug.) I find myself telling him stop & no twice as much as I tell her. He's a typical rough lil' boy who plays hard. She's my bookworm. Give her some books and she'll sit quietly looking at them. 2 totally different Pisces.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010