What can I do in the next 6 months to help me live on my own?

So I'm a live in nanny but things are getting worse here. I need to get my son out of here. But I only have retail and child care experience. I plan on starting college classes in August but it will be the beginning. I don't know if maybe I can save up a lot in the 6 months and then live off public assistance and financial aid.so any advice is good. Maybe ways to make money online. I really don't know. I just know that I need to be able to depend completely on myself which I have never done. But I want to be the main influence in my son's life not these people or anyone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would get out, if it is not good for you child. Go for Public Assistance, as long as you plan on getting off it. That is what they are there for to help you get on your feet.

Sometimes people are put in a position that is inevitable and you should be able to get help. Just don't make it habit. Do what you have to do, in the mean time-save a every penny you get for the future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Spend less and try to save more. I say go for public assistance also if you need it. You are going to school to better yourself and get a better job I imagine. That means you won't need the assistance forever. Also I'm not sure if you would be interested but I used to work at a restaurant before and i made really good tips. I made a average of $120 a night because we were really busy. I didn't have to claim my tips either because we were not a full service restaurant. Meaning we did not have to take the orders we only served the food and got whatever else the customer needed. It's a good money making job but also a short term one. It's not something you want to do forever. I wish you luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 11:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Get another nanny job try to stay off of PA.
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about having your own Business? You can totally do that while you are nannying or whatever, especially if it is something like I do where there are ABSOLUTELY No products at all. I have a biz I do PT..I make FT money I work about 20 hours a week, and I make FT income. THere is none of the products, parites or anything it is a service..something you might possibly very well need. THey are a full service Legal service and Identity Theft protection . they pay daily direct deposit for your efforts and it is the best thing to EVER happen to my family..it workt he same way car and health insurance work BUT MUCH MUCH cheaper. www.IDSafety.INFO Christine
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2010