rash on face

my 1 month old has got a little rash on her face. i think maybe something im eating is not suiting her. im trying to figure out what it is but meanwhile is there something i cam apply on it. it is bothering me to look at more that it seems to be bothering her to have

happymum2010

Asked by happymum2010 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i use petroleum jelly.. it's seems to work for my son :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• no petroleum it doesn't let skin breathe. it is likely just baby acne. it is from your hormones from birth. leave it aloneand itwill go away. a little pure aloe is soothing and healing
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We used a tiny bit of 1% hydrocortisone cream (ped's advice) for my daughter's baby acne. Aloe works just as well. Keep the skin as clean as you can, and dry. It should clear up eventually; dd's didn't-that's why the hydrocortisone.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Something you are eating probably would not give the baby rash on it's face. It's rare that things a mother eats causes any problems in a baby. Symptoms would be fussiness, excessive spitting up or vomiting, colic, diaper rash or persistent congestion. Usually parents have multiple allergies.

You don't want to use petroleum jelly on babies. Like it's name says it is a petroleum product like oil and gas that can be absorbed by the skin into the baby. Petroleum is carcinogenic. I don't know why they get away with being a baby care product.

There are several different kind of rashes and different treatments. If it doesn't seem to be bothering her I would just leave it alone. The treatment may be worse than having a rash. If you want to use something with a 1 month old I think you should call the doctor because your baby is so young.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You could also try a little breastmilk if you're breastfeeding- just apply it to the rashy area and let it dry. Completely safe and free.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2010