car repair insurance?

we just bought a new car. its much newer then we've had before. so my hubby says he won't be able to get down and dirty with it and do his own repairs if something should go wrong on it. we have regular insurance should we get into an accident, but what i'm looking for is the type of insurance (don't know what else to call it) that would cover things like engine, tranny, ect. repairs. i would like to look into getting it for my new car but i can't remember what the web address was that i saw on tv and every time i thought i put in the right address it kept taking me some where else. i tried googling it too, but all i kept coming up with was just regular car insurance.
if any one has any suggestion it would be much appriciated.
what i sort remember but doesn't seem to work is..........
migo...............or...........mego. something towards that effect.

bikerchickmommy

Asked by bikerchickmommy at 11:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Shopping

• I've never heard of that. I would say put away money each month until you get to a set amount and that can be your car repair stash.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• if its NEW new then it should already come with a dealer/manufacturer's warranty... if its no longer covered under that, then you're looking for an extended warranty. You could check out Mogi.com or StopRepairBills.com. As long as you follow their instructions, and the repair is covered by them, then you just take it to the shop and you pay nothing. If I'm not mistaken, then Mogi offers rental assistance too. Hope I helped.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I believe you are wanting an extended warranty. We bought one one time and they fought us on EVERY claim. It had a lot of loopholes. We had motor issue and they were not going to cover it because we did not have every receipt for every oil change to prove that the vehicle had been properly maintained. In the end they covered most of it but we still had to pay out on it.
    With my new vehicle I thought about an extended warranty but after what I went through previously I decided not to. I could take the money I was going to spend on a warranty and put it in savings account for car repair.
    Anonymous

• munchies have you ever dealt with an extended warranty company?
    Anonymous