Buying a house.. Now, I'm scared!

We got approved to buy a home and find the "perfect" house for us. It had everything that we needed but also had so many of the wants. We close on the house on March 12, and I admit now that I am scared. I'm freaking out if one of us loses our jobs that we'll lose the house. What if one of us gets sick and misses alot of work.. All the what ifs that took me from never been happier to scared to death. It's such a big decision. Has anyone else done this? Been happy then freaked out when it happened. Part of me feels like, I should be happy and not worry but I worry about everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Go with the flow, don't think about the worst.

Try to prepare for the future as much as you can, and you should have a little pocket at least 6 month pocket before you purchase, and if you don't. Start being as frugal as possible now, and build one up...

You can do it... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Be happy that you can live the American Dream. Congratulations! !!!!
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 11:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• first, CONGRATS!!

second, i felt the same way! the waiting is killer! but once you sign the papers & they give you the key, it goes away (or it did for me). start saving money just in case & it will help you feel better. as a worrier myself i like to think its normal. you are making a HUGE purchase and it comes w/ extra worry...just dont let it get in the way of the excitement! again, congrats!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Make sure both of your have life insurance for just in case situations and also make sure you have putting aside money for emergencies.  Having the mortgage is a big responsibility.  Your emotions are justifiable. Make sure you have a babysitter for your kid(s) when closing.  You'll need to pay close attention to what you two are signing.  Don't be afraid to ask questions. 

Rest your hand the night before.  LOL 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree, just make sure you have good disability insurance and life insurance. Since my Husband is the sole provider and has a dangerous job he insured for enough to pay off our house and put our four kids through college. I would prefer to be over insured instead of under insured.

I felt the same way when we closed on both of our houses, but I have learned that you can't let the "what if's" run your life.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You are having completely normal thoughts and emotions. Try to enjoy this new experience in your life and don't let what you cannot predict place a shadow over the present.
    You will continue to have these thoughts years after you have moved into your home, but try to build your piece of mind by building a savings that will carry you through 6 months of bills in case a job is lost. Everyone should do that anyway, whether they are homeowners or not.
    Congratulations!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If you can't afford the house on one salary, then don't buy it.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2010