what was I supposed to do?

My DD 13 had to pee on the way to soccer last night. WE were stuck in traffic and she was about to pee herself so I told her to go to the back of the van and pee in an old cup then pour it out. DH told her not to because that was gross. I told DH to shut up and leave her alone and told her to go ahead and do it. She at this point was to embarrassed to do it because of her fathers comments so she tried to hold it longer until she HAD to pee in the cup in the van. The whole time her father telling her how gross that was. And calling her a baby. What other option was there? There was a wreck and we were not moving at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• what a jerk- as if it isn't embarrasing enough for her he had to go throw all that into it?
    way to go and rack up those points dad!
    why make a big deal out of it- jsut let her do what she NEEDS to do and let it be...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It was gross but when you have to go you have to go! better in a cup than in your car!

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree, when ya gotta go..hey! Better than y'all showin' up with a girl with wet drawers. Dads have room to talk about gross huh? lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it given the situation. Hubby should not have said anything to her about it . In time of need you improvise..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Peeing in the cup is always better than peeing your pants.
    Anonymous

• Her dad was right that is nasty and childish. she should have peed before she left the house. Now because of this she is going to have pee fetishes. If it was my DD it wouldn't have happened and or she could have peed inthe woods. Not in the car where her father could hear it and embarrass her.
    Anonymous

• wtf? Pee fetishes?? lmfao!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• No big deal...I've had to do that myself!
    Anonymous

• OP:: DH and I had a lllooong talk when we got to practice.
    Anonymous

• Dad was wrong. I used to travel with my grandparents and peeing in a cup was a way of life bc my grandfather was NOT going to stop the car every time one of us kids needed to pee!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010