anyone have suggestions on crafts to do with the kids?

im not very creative and want to do some crafts with my kids but dont know where to start.

matessa

Asked by matessa at 11:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• How old are the kids?
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• first off my sons name is logan too. my kids are 5, 4, and 2. i want to do fun things with them at home and i dont mind getting messy. cuz messy is fun. so what do you suggest?
    matessa

Answer by matessa at 12:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Finger painting
    Sidewalk Chalk
    Use toilet paper rolls, aluminum foil, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, etc. to make robots
    Make a bird feeder....roll a pinecone in peanut butter and then coat with seeds. Hang from tree.
    Fill toilet paper rolls with dry beans or pasta and seal edges with construction paper. Decorate and you have a maraca.
    Fill spray bottles with colored water and allow children to spray onto white paper outside.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 12:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• those all sound fun. thanks for the ideas,
    matessa

Answer by matessa at 12:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• that sounds fun and tasty. i will have to try that. thanks.
    matessa

Answer by matessa at 3:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You can look online. If you put in crafts for children this will help you with lots of ideas. Also they have different websites for children activities online Sesame Steet etc. If you need any more information feel free to message me.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• www.dltkkids.com
    Anonymous

• thanks for all the help ladies.
    matessa

Answer by matessa at 6:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• the Dollar Tree has these adorable foam pieces (about the size of a small book) that you can cut and glue things on or use markers to decorate/glitter...whatever you can think of!! They also have some that are already made to decorate for door hangers...or signs for the door knob. I have used them a ton in my kids preschool class' because they are cheap and easy to use & the kids love them. We made the cutest little ornaments for Christmas with just circles, yarn (for the hanger), glitter, glue and a hole punch! I am planning to get enough of the rectangle ones that look like a picture frame for Mother's Day & have the kids bring in a picture of themselves with Mommy!
    ericknkayliesmo

Answer by ericknkayliesmo at 11:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Oooooo, My children love crafts. Me too! The best pressie I got them (only a bit of exaggeration :0) was a sticky tape dispenser. We collectboxes and bottle tops, tissue paper, beads, paper clips, . . . anything. They use loads of cheap tape to make the most fab stuff. Small cats and dogs and little homes for them, to larger boats to sail in the bath. Try putting a 'craft box' together for them maybe. As well as that, buy lots of pasticine. It is so much better than play doh. It doesn't dry out and can be molded into minute things. If you use a base card they can build gardens or a village onto it for example (complete with tiny sheep and people). [Books can give ideas but they tend to overcomplicate things and set the standards too high] All the best! xxx
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 9:13 AM on Feb. 11, 2010