African american hair problems

First off I'm african american. I relax my hair and it gets it semi straight. It doesn't ever have that bounce I see most females with. I need shine and bounce and so much more. Right now I just bought the whole carols daughter shampoo and conditioner set and hoping that will make it do something. Another problem is that it will not grow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Your hair is probably growing just fine. The repeated chemical treatments are causing it to break off. It's really common. And your stylist isn't going to tell you to stop coming in every 4-6 weeks to get relaxed. I'm white, but I used to manage models and most of my models were AfAm and Hispanic.

My beauty consultant for my models is phenomenal. She has a beauty show. You can call in. Tuesday at 11:00am EST. 646-929-0207 Call in. :-)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thebeautyzone

Check out the archive on eating right for your skin type. Diet can have such an impact on hair and nails.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010