Please answer

What is the best way to get over your ex that u love I do mean love. He goes with somebody else and she probably pregnant. U broke up because reason that u could of worked on. U have kids how long will it take to get over this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• the best way to get over someone you stil love? time. only time honey, i am so sorry
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Get involved in activities that keeps your mind off of him. Such as attending church,taking up a class,making plans with friends,do a lot of activites with your kids that involve other people and being away from the house. Be pleasant when you have to see him when he gets the kids but do not talk about stuff that is too personal,keep it brief and about the children. And remember it is okay to grieve..you have lost someone you love. It takes time and lots of will power. I wish the best of luck to you!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree, it's so hard to get over someone you really truly love. Time heals all wounds isn't just a cliche' it's truth. When you poured your heart and soul into someone, and cared so very deeply for them and even have kids with them you cant just flip a switch and miraculously make those feelings shut off.

I agree with the second poster here you need to start moving on and doing things that don't remind you of him or keep you at home with more time to think of him. Get out, go with friends to a movie or join a playdate group in your area. Do you have a hobby? Love sports? Become active and meet other people. Pretty soon, those feelings of love, will turn into simply fond memories and over time you'll be back to your happy self again. I'm sorry you are going through this. Hang in there.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I don't think you will ever get over it. You may at some point be able to get past it, but you gave a part of yourself to him, and I don't think there is any way to get back what you gave. I like to think of it as two pieces of paper that have been glued together. Once that glue has dried, there is no way to separate those two pieces of paper without tearing at least one of them in such a manner that it can never be fully repaired. You can glue the paper in some fashion back together again, but it has been forever altered. That is what happens when a man and a woman bond together in a sexual union. You literally gave him a part of yourself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree, it's sometimes something you never get over. You just learn to look ahead and not back so moving on helps

Answer by admckenzie at 3:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Focus on your children; nothing else matters.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• First you have to make a conscious decision that you will no longer spend your time reliving the past, make a conscious decision that you are going to get over him. Every time something reminds you of him, pops into your mind about the past, or you find yourself dwelling over the "lost love" then you need to step up and tell yourself that this is destructive thinking. You have to think about you, think about things that you want to complete in your life and things that you like to do. Find activities and friends who will keep you occupied. Find yourself dwelling while alone? then you need to find an activity that will divert your attention while you are alone. If he's with someone and may be having a baby with her then there is your reason to move on to something better in your life. He doesn't love you or he would be with you and it's fine time for you to find someone who does love you...and your kids.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 4:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010