I really don't know what to do??

So this question is for me... for the past month I have been getting severe headaches, pain in my neck, and pain and numbness in my jaw. It is all on the right side. I feel out of it, distant, distracted and confused. Iam not sure what is going on but I have been to see three doctors.
One did not know what it was so she just sent me for testing and I haven't heard back.
One said it was tension headaches, put me on perkaset, muscle relaxors, and an anti-immflamitory. I was taking those and while they would take some pain away, the pressure was still there.
The doctor I saw yesterday says it is cluster headaches and wants to put me on topomax. I was reading side affects and am a little nervous to try this one but I desperately want this to go away... What should I do?

Mameech1

Asked by Mameech1 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• Might I suggest seeing a Dentist and have TMJ ruled out. It is Temporomandibular joint disorder in your jaw basically. when someone developes TMJ they can sometimes have some of the symtoms you are describing
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Go to a chiropractor and get fixed. Then you won't have to take all of those dangerous meds. The meds alone would give me head pain.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• a chiro is not a bad idea either, to rule that aspect out
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have the same thing. It is from my tmj. I go to the chiro and it does help, just be prepared to go about every 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of tmj... i was just reading about some of the symptoms. How were you diagnosed with it? What was going on with you.
    Mameech1

Answer by Mameech1 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• with ME? headaches, numbness, tingling, sometimes swelling sometimes in my jaw and sometimes excrutiating pain in my jaw hinge area
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Try a Chiropractor.
    Anonymous

• IT does sound a bit like TMJ. This sounds weird, I know, but try acupuncture. I went when I was in high school for TMJ, Bells Palsy, severe allergies and chronic migraines. The TMJ was cleared up in about a month and I haven't had problems with it since. My allergies aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, and while I still get migraines, I'm getting one or two a month instead of having them every day. Even if its not TMJ, they're pretty awesome at relieving pain. Hope you find something that helps.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Like you've been told, I highly recommend a chiropractor...and possibly even the dentist to rule out any dental issues. i thought I had a sinus infection that wasn't going away, went to the dentist for a bottom tooth, he ended up pulling my top wisdom teeth because they were crowding the rest of my teeth, and my "sinus infection" was gone. These 2 things would seriously be the best thing to do, instead of taking all those drugs.
    Anonymous

• ladybugWOW, I hope u found out what's causing all ur pain. Good luck to you!

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2010