Baby Names Marchesa Acacia Good?

Acacia (ah KAY shah); (ah KAY see uh)
Marchesa - you know like the designer- (Mar KAY za)

What do you think?

Marchesa ah KAY shah
Marchesa ah KAY see uh

or

Ah KAY shah Marchesa
Ah KAY see uh Marchesa

A girl names after Grandpas Marcus & Casey

RheaIda

Asked by RheaIda at 12:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like a lifetime of correcting people's spelling & pronunciation. Nobody will spell it right & nobody will say it the way you prefer. Believe me. I have one kid with an alternate spelling of a common name & another one that the end of it is "ana" & we pronounce it "anna" but everyone says "ah-na". Yeah if I could go back I would spell my son's name a more accepted spelling...gets old having to spell it every single time & they STILL get it wrong. And gets old having to tell someone they are saying my daughter's name wrong. Just NOT worth the hassle...really. My son is almost 20....we've probably spelled his name out to ppl a million time now.
    Anonymous

• I don't mean to be rude, but when I first glanced at the question, I thought it was a question about some disease.
    Anonymous

• I CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE IT WITH THE PRONUNCIATION HELP YOU POSTED! ........
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with the pp's....that is a 'hard' name!
    You know, Casey or Kacee are names for girls and there is nothing wrong with using Marcus as the middle name because no one outside of family and the closest of friends will know.
    My MIL's name is Lynda Carl B____ because she was named after a male relative. No one has ever raised any eyebrows about it. She just has a difficult time getting people to spell her first name correctly.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It is for a girl named after two grandfathers, right? How about Casey M. ? Casey can be a cute girl name and the M can stand for Marcus, but go unspoken.
    Anonymous

• No!
    Anonymous

• eeeekkkkk!
    Anonymous

• I think that you should use one of the names, but not both. Kacey Marchesa is kinda pretty. Also be aware that the name is very ethnic sounding, especially with both together. If your daughter is Caucasian, it might be strange.

I have to strongly advise AGAINST giving your daughter "marcus" as a middle name. As a female with a male middle name Dein, pronounced "dean" it sucks. I didn't really like my first name, and since I had a man's middle name, I couldn't go by that either.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• yeouch...thats a mouthful for a little kid much less an adult.

I like Casey - its a nice name.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• well since Acacia is a shrub....
    Anonymous