when did you tell?

How far along were you when you told your family? We are 7 or 8 weeks today and we still haven't said a word! I want to shout it from the roof but my husband wants to wait until we have our 1st ultrasound and find out our due date. I am dying to tell someone though I don't know if I can keep it in much longer!!!! LOL

newchapternlife

Asked by newchapternlife at 12:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• after the first trimester
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• With our daughter (now 2 years old) we told everyone straight away, with our last pregnancy (December '09) we told everyone at 7 weeks and then unfortunately we miscarried very soon after telling everyone.
    We just found out today that we are expecting again, we are at 5 weeks - and we won't be telling anyone until 10 weeks or later.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 12:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We told everyone with this pregnancy as soon as we found out! I was around 5 weeks :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I told when I found out, which was at about 7 weeks. I'm 10 weeks today. I don't have a high chance of complications or miscarriage, so I didn't see a problem with not waiting until the first trimester was over.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• with first 2 right away but the 2nd pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and i was hard to tell everyone about the miscarriage so the 3rd one we waited til after the first trimester.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 3:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Blabber mouth DH told everyone before the pee stick was dry. He was really happy. He has to tell everyone he meets that he has a pregnant wife even if it has nothing to do with the conversation.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have just started telling my dysfunctional family and I am 19 weeks(yeah lets just say they were shocked when I told them when I was due) meanwhile what I consider "my family(ie friends) they have know since after my 1st ultrasound.=)
    Anonymous

• ecodani - that's adorable!

If I get pregnant, I don't plan on telling anyone till the 2nd trimester. I lost my last baby at 13wks & am still having to tell people that knew I was pregnant what happened (this happened June 09). Plus my baby cousin asks every once in a while why it's taking the baby so long to meet her. :/

It just sucks 'cause I have family that thinks it's rude for me not to tell, but honestly they'll let it slip then eventually everyone we know will know. If something happens, I want to be able to tell who I want about it & no one else.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• With my first, I was very young and in denial about the pregnancy, so I didn't tell anyone until I pretty much had to at 15 weeks.

I am currently about 5 weeks pregnant. My husband and I aren't telling anyone until the end of the month (around 8 weeks).
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• omg girl we are in the same boat.. im 9 weeks today.. and i have told none of my family.. i told my best friend and he told his.. he also wonts to wait until i get my 1st ultrasound, because last year around this same time i had a MC, so before we tell our families we wanna make sure that everything is ok and that i can hear a heatbeat.. i go in 2 weeks to get my 1st ultrasound. so no one in our families going know until m 3rd month.. lol.. WISH U LUCK!!!
    lscott2208

Answer by lscott2208 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2010