my "mommy pouch"

wow, so 3 kids later and i have an embarassing, disgusting, flabby sack of fat that hangs over my c-section incision. i know it's too early to do any good tummy exercises (c-section 3 weeks ago) but how am i ever going to get rid of it? i don't think any amount of crunches in the world will tone this nasty thing out. i have been on a really good diet since i had her and most of my tummy fat is gone but the pooch is still there and i hate it. i feel disgusting when i look in the mirror and i know my hubby probably thinks it's very unattractive. what can i do besides lipo??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Guys really don't notice things that we think they do! After 3 kids my dh and I went out with friends to a club one night. I ended up dancing with a guy I really didn't know and he commented on how much he liked my "curves" (I'm 120 not pregnant, but I'm short so I still have curves). I promptly excused myself and went to find my dh, but hearing it from another guy really boosted my opinion of myself. Sometimes we feel like our husbands might lie to save our feelings, but I think they truly just don't notice all of our "imperfections" as much we do.
    Give it time - your skin will go back eventually. After 3 kids I got back into a bikini, but not the year right after! Concentrate on continuing to make smart choices with your foods, and make sure you get your exercise (with 3 kids, I know it can be hard!)

Answer by missanc at 1:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• a tummy tuck
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• the only way to get rid of that scar is with plastic surgery. you are right, no amount of crunches will tone skin back up.
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i was also going to say. I'm sure your husband doesn't think it is gross, most of the time we focus on things men really don't notice or think are that big of a deal.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I also had an icky pooch after 3 kids. Walking made a world of difference for me. I was surprised how much it helped! We (me and baby number 3) walk about 45 minutes a day.
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Besides surgery, I don't think there is much you can do. I have had two children and even with no c-sections, I still have the dreaded mommy pouch, or mom belly as a friend of mine calls it. I'm sure your husband does not feel the way you think he does. Mine doesn't. He said he really kind of likes it. I said thanks for lying on that. He said he was being serious. He said he likes all my new curves. I know how you feel though. Sometimes no amount of nice words makes me feel good about my "curves".
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I got rid of that pouch after my first two kids. It can be done. I did A LOT of walking with them.
    I didn't get rid of it with my third, but that was because I didn't get enough exercise and definitely not enough walking after that baby. It was harder to get out and walk with 3 kids in tow and living in an apartment. (With my first two, I lived in a house in an area with lots of places to walk to).
    Anonymous

• Is it something that depresses you? Have you talked about it with your man?? I have a tummy pouch after o nly one child. I weighed 110 before prengnat and right now i'm probably around 125? && my SO met me after I had my child...He teases me ab out it but it doesn't bother him. He reassures me that he is okay with it.
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 2:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• There is a cappacino drink that has collagen in it which shrinks lose skin and rids wrinkles and a medically treated garment that is great on the spine that can help rid the excess skin. I can give you the information if you want. 856.287.5240.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 9:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2010