How many ultrasounds did you have total and when?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had about 2-3. depends on what the doc needs it for. usually around 8 weeks, then another at 20.
    Anonymous

• I had 2. One to find out exactly how far along I was. I was 19wks and 3days. Then, they lost my results. I had another at about 6months or 7.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• #1 I had 2 u/s one at 19weeks, and one at 31 weeks.

#2 I had 2u/s one at 19 weeks and then 35 weeks.

#3 had one at 19 weeks then from 20-30 weeks I had one every week - she had a heart malfomation they wanted to keep track of to make sure it was resolving itself before delivery (thankfully it did)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had two with my oldest. 11, yes eleven, with my youngest.
    They couldn't see her breathing so I had to keep going back and back and back..... Finally, I was sick, in the e.r. one night and one of the techs there had seen me 6 or 7 times already, she asked if I minded if we did an ultrasound since I was already there. We did. And FINALLY caught her breathing. It was about 3 a.m. To this very day that child does what she wants when she's ready and not one minute sooner. She's been independent since before she was born.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had 2 with both of my oldest 2, one early at like 8 weeks and one later maybe 18-20 weeks? They are now 10 and 12 so that was a while ago. With my 3rd I had one early at 8 weeks and then one every week from 20 weeks on (I knew the OB pretty well by then and he just did it for me - didn't file it with my insurance). With my 4th my other OB had retired so the new practice did one at 8 -10 weeks, one at 18-20 weeks and another at 38 weeks. Now I'm pregnant with my 5th and had one at 8 weeks, have one schedule for next week at 18 weeks and will have frequent ones after that since he/she has the possibility of developing a congenital heart block due to an autoimmune disease I have.

Answer by missanc at 1:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i had 3 one at 9 weeks because the ER doc didn't believe that i was only 9 weeks..had gallbladder problems..i was only 9 wks

one at somewhere around 20 weeks to measure and find out sex

and one at 38 wks to check weight and position
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had 1 at 10 weeks - my first doctor's appointment. Then I had another one at 14 weeks because I fell. Then I had another one at 20 weeks. Then I had another one at 24 weeks because the doctor was concerned about fetal movement. And I would have had one at 38 weeks, but I didn't make it that far. He was born at 36 weeks - I did have one the day he was born because I told them he was breach and they didn't believe me - so they did a US to make sure. The 3 extra ones and the one I would have had were all because of concerns obviously. So if everything had gone as planned, I would have had only 2.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• With my last, I had 3 normal ultrasounds and 6 extra ones to measure fluids. The end of my pregnancy, I was going in once a week to check because of diabetes.
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 1:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• w my first, i had one at 8, 12, 19, 28, 34, and 38 weeks.

so far this time i have had one at 8, 12 and have my next at 19 weeks.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had 2 with each of my first two pregnancies. One for dating and one at around 20 weeks.

This pregnancy, we've had none, and we aren't planning on having any if everything stays normal. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010