Oh my god....

I have a 20-month old son, and my babysitter just called me at work to tell me that when she changed his diaper she found a penny and a dime in his poop!! I'm assuming that he found it in the couch...she said he's acting fine...but what do I do? Should I call the pediatrician???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He either shoved them in the diaper....or swallowed them and passed them....either way, he should be fine. No need to call, just watch and make sure he isn't breathing funny.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• lol he prolly was playing with them and they fell in there. he would have cried, most likely passing a coin.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You know, I'd call the doctor, its just a phone call, better safe than sorry.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My kids have done that! As long as they are out now, there's no worries!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Thanks all for the reassurance....I did call pedi and they said he should be fine....I'm just worried, like what if there is more?? I don't keep troves of change laying around but how will I know if there is more and is blocking him up?? This is my 1st baby and this is really freaking me out!!! =(
    Anonymous

• you'll know if something causing him pain. if it's not, he will just pass them.
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You've got a golden goose there. :)
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2010