If you lose your present salvation, can you ever be saved a second time. Give a Chapter and verse for your answer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i figured it was a permanent thing...that "saving" thing. didnt know it could be revoked.
    Anonymous

• I guess every religion is different, but I believe in the atonement of Jesus Christ and we can be forgiven of sins now and when we sin later on.
    Anonymous

• You cannot be UNSAVED
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• So if you turn your back on God blaspheme him and his works ie murder, rape incest after being saved you are still saved? Or say at a moment of weakness you listen to the evil one instead of God only to find out later you were wrong? you're still saved?Salvation is an on going process that is not complete until the end of our time. In other words at this moment I could be in God"s graces or because of the thoughts going through my mind right now I'm not. So yes you can lose salvation and later redeem yourself. For after all it's the love of the Father that saves us. It was the sacrifice of the Son that opened heaven.

Anonymous

• Salvation is a continuing process and not a one-time event. One way the Bible demonstrates this is by speaking of our salvation as a past, present and future event. So I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 2:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree its on going process. When I was nine I was sitting in a dentist office and my mom was around the corner paying a bill. This women,  seeing that my mom was out of sight came up to me and asked if I believed in Jesus. Because I'm Catholic I said Yes! , she had no idea what my religious background was. She handed me a card and said if I read it with her I would go to heaven.

Basically the card said if I took Jesus in my heart and was really sorry for my sins I would be saved and go to Heaven. I read the card. Years later when I understood what this women was doing I was really annoyed. I was annoyed that she thinks God doesn't care that I only half understood what I was reading.  I'm also annoyed that she waited until my mom wasn't around to approach me. 

I don't understand how being saved is an event, it feels more like a life long road to me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• erin gave a great explanation
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I don't believe in being saved, although I do believe in Universal salvation being afforded to all of God's children... Therefore, I don't believe anyone can loose their place in His kingdom.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2010