What is your favorite salad? lettuce salad or other ?

I need ideas for home and to go out and eat, whats yummy ? whether it be restaurant or homemade? and has anyone ever tryed mcdonlads salads ? whats your favorites? which ones are healthy or not healthy? Thanks! for any comments..

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• For fast food salads, I love Wendy's Mandarin chicken salad. But my very favorite salad ever is homemade. You just take mixed baby greens or spring greens (about 6-8 cups for 4 people), 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup glazed or caramelized walnuts, and 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese. Toss the greens with the walnuts, cranberries, and feta. In a glass jar, mix 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil with 1/4 cup or more of good balsamic vinegar, whisking to mix thoroughly. Taste and if it tastes too oily, add more vinegar. Drizzle over the salad lightly. It's also really good if you add grilled steak or chicken. Yummy!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I like mixed greens(I usually just buy the bagged stuff, sometimes the organic ones come in a tub) with blue cheese crumbles and Balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dressing. If I go out It's usually a chicken caesar or iceberg wedge with blue cheese.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2010