Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would happen if I turn in my uncle for using photoshop to change a document that stated my mom as my grandma's power of attorney to stating that my uncle is the power of attorney so he could gain ownership of grandma's money, house, and property?

Who would I call to turn him in anyway? A lawyer? The police?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • its fraud, tampering and he would go to jail for a long time.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • You turn it into the police. That constitutes fraud. He will get tried, and hopefully spend some time in jail. White-collar crimes are still crimes and deserve to be punished.

    Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • If it was written up by an attorney then there's a master copy somewhere. If it's something that he just wrote up himself it's not legal anyway. I would think that anything, like property, money etc would have to go through the courts first anyway, so it would have to be written up by an attorney...

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • The document that has my mom as power of attorney was written up by an attorney. He is my deceased dad's brother. My grandma is my mom's mother-in-law and my mom is her power of attorney. When my uncle found out that my mom was the power of attorney, he suddenly came up with a document that looked exactly like the one my mom gave him a copy of, but with his name in it where it should be my mom's. My mom thinks he photoshopped it.

    My mom hasn't turned him in because even though he deserves it, she doesn't want for him to go to jail. Grrrr! I'm so frustrated over it! I wish I understood it all better and knew what to do. *sigh.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • Go to the police, tell them what you told us. please turn him in, there is a reason why he wasnt made poa in the first place. he is obviously not a good person.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • It's considered elder abuse and fraud. It's a police case.

    Answer by gdiamante at 5:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • This is between your mother and his borther. Let them handle it, they have a history you know nothing about. Stay out of it.

    Your mom could also ask her mom to draw up another POA and not let her borther see it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.