My husband and I were invited to a birthday dinner tonight, well, I went to the dr. yesterday and she said I have bronchitis, so obviously I am unable to attend. My husband still plans on going and I am very upset. Am I over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• No way, he should be at home with you.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 1:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Depends. Is he leaving you with a bunch of kids to take care of?
    Anonymous

• why are you upset i never was the jealous tyoe nor did i want someone to hover near me when i am sick so i would want him to go
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 1:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Depends...if it is a good friend or family of hubby's...then I would certainly not be upset about him wanting to go.
    thea11ens

Answer by thea11ens at 1:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Overreacting! Ask him to bring home some food for you.
    Anonymous

• It would depend on a few things.

How long was he going to be gone? If it is just a few hours for dinner and a little socializing, it might be alright. If he is likely to gone for longer than that, no way.

How sick am I? If I'm just starting to get sick and feeling kinda crappy, it might be okay for him to go. But if I'm miserable, he needs to be home with me.

What about the kids? If you've got young children that require almost constant care, he needs to stay home. You need the extra rest to get better faster and less contact with the kids mean they are more likely to stay healthy. But if your kids are older and can care for themselves for the most part, it might be alright.

If I were in your position, those are the questions/answer I would be considering.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Hi everyone, I am new to this and am glad for all the responses. I forgot to mention that we have 3 little ones and I have been trying my best not to get them sick, especially the one with asthma. Apparently I didn't do a great job because my child with asthma is coughing and needs nebulizer treatments every 6 hours.
    Anonymous

• Unless he is taking the kids with him, he should not be going, IMO. He shouldn't leave you home sick with kids to care for. If kids weren't in the equation and you would be ok alone and not too sick to get out of bed to get a drink or something to eat, etc., than it would be fine for him to go.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• that is hard. you can do the treatments up to every 4 hours if needed.

in my shoes, i wouldnt care too much, but honestly, I would send the kids with him! ha ha! if i am going to be staying home sick, i will not be watching the kids.

if he expects the kids to stay home, then he needs to stay home
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• *then*
    gramsmom