Question on Abortion for Sociology Class:

Okay so we're all moms here, so my question is what is your view on abortion? Pro Life or Pro Choice? If pro choice or pro life did any of your views or beliefs change when you had your own child?

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm Pro-Choice. I have children. While I personally wouldn't opt for an abortion of my husband's children, I respect every woman's right to decide for herself and her own body. My beliefs did not change after having children.
    Anonymous

• pro choice
    no changes. and i have 3 children.
    i am pro choice because i believe that its a woman's body and her right to decide what she does about a pregnancy.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I personally do not agree with abortion. I cannot think of a situation that I would have an abortion.

However, I do not think that abortion should be illegal. I would not want to force a woman to have a child from a rape. And I am sure there are other cases that are just as severe.

I have had this view for as long as I can remember. It did not change once I had my daughter.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Pro-Life. My beliefs changed when I found out I was pregnant. It took three years and the minute I got my +, I couldn't believe that a living human being was inside of me, growing. I can't imagine why anyone would want to abort an innocent life.
    Anonymous

• I'm pro-choice and my views were pro-choice even before I had my own children. Before I did my research on late term abortions, I was strictly against them. Now, I understand that not everything is black and white and there are reasons for late term abortions. I now have the greatest sympathies for the families that have to make that choice.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Pro Life. That doesn't necessarily mean anti choice - it means I'd rather all women make the same choice. I get tired of the "rape and incest" justification for abortion, though. That accounts for less than 1% of abortions. Add in health of the mother, and I believe it's less than 3% overall.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Always been prochoice, before and after having children.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• pro-choice before and after having my kids
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• prolife but i do agree they are some situation where and abortion is needed. ihave always been pro-life. i am with whiterose82
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I used to be pro-abortion. After meditating about it, I came to realize that abortion=murder. The tiny American who has a heartbeat almost immediately after conception is human. A living human.

Rape or incest are not justifiable reasons to kill this child. The baby can be put up for adoption to potential parents who would love and cherish him/her.

Late term abortions are horrible. The doctor goes up into the uterus, cuts open the amniotic sack, and as the child comes down the vagina he then punctures violently the baby's brain. There have been nurses who have testified that sometimes this does not kill. So they must either finish murdering the baby or put it aside while it struggles to live and finally dies.

The pro-choice of any woman comes in when she must choose to use birth control or not. If she chooses Not to use then she has made a beautiful baby and must choose how the infant is to be cared for.

Anonymous