my poor princess=((

she had rsv a month ago. finally gettin over it. still runny nose and coughing at night.(or when she sleeps) she started running fever again 3 nights ago and she had green snot. i took her to the dr yesterday they gave her some antibiotics, she started them yesterday this morning she woke up and was fussy she thru up all over me, we came into the family business(like everyday) and she ate some puddin and drank a lil of my soda. about 20 mins later she thru up all of it all over me and her. well i cleaned her up and changed her. and went and got her some pedialite. there was like snotty stuff in the vomit btw. so she ate some chef boyardee beefaroni for lunch and drank the a lil pedialite. i feel so sorry for her.what can i give her or do to make her feel better?? and what do u think is causing her to throw up maybe the mucus is draining in her tummy or something?? her cousins which she sees daily had a stomach virus a few day

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Here's a thought, maybe it's the soda, pudding and chef boyardee? Don't get me wrong, I let my kids eat that stuff too, but not when they are sick and already throwing up. Try giving her some plain toast, crackers, a banana, something to help settle her tummy. It probably is the mucus making her sick, but the junk you are feeding her is making it worse.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 2:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If I ate that junk, I would throw up, too.

You need to feed children, and adults healthy foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Drink water.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You could try Jello just to fill her belly I wouldn't try and feed her "solid" foods until she stops throwing up if she wants soda try and opt for sprite or 7up rather than caffeinated drinks... The last thing you want to give a child who is throwing up is milk or WATER. You could also try and freeze the pedialyte and give it to her like a Popsicle! If you don't see some signs she is getting better  in a few days  take her to the doctor again. I wouldn't worry about her eating right now because food is the last thing we want when we are sick just keep her hydrated and she will be back to herself in no time.

jessica408us

Answer by jessica408us at 6:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010