If you could start your life over what would you do better?

I would pay more attention to what is best for me. I am struggling to make my life better and I see the mistakes I made. First I wouldn't have married or dated the people I dated or married.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 2:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• To: Wildflower25, sferber, crystal1124, NannyB, and anonymous the one who wish she hadn't dated as a teen. All of you guys gave great honest answers. There were a few others that did as well, but these stood out to me the most. We all have done something at one time or another that we thought may have been a bad idea. Unfortuanately we can't change the pass but learn from it and go forward with a lesson learned. Some of my choices has hurt me really bad, but I am doing what I can to make it better. Thanks for your input. Also I have never thought it was good to date as a teen, but everyone has to make their own choices. Anonymous- you still have a chance. God Bless you. Thank you so very much for sharing.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 10:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would change nothing. I am who I am today due to the choice made in the past and the lessons learned.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If I could go back and start over with what I know now, I would have maybe stayed in school because NOW i know what it is I want to do, back then I did not.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Two things: First, I would do differently is college. I had my son right after high school and worked full time. I took one college class at a time because that's all I could afford. But as time has gone on and I've started college, I realized I could have applied for state and federal aid to complete more college courses without paying out of pocket. I would have also started taking courses sooner in marriage for the same reason. Second, I would not have bought the crappy Toyota Corolla my dad recommended. And I probably would have gone to a mechanic before I bought it, but he was my daddy so I listened to him without questioning him.

And I would have requested/started fighting with my insurance about seeing a high risk pregnancy specialist sooner.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would have sought the Lord more and better in some of the decisions that I made. I am so thankful that He forgives and is able to take our mistakes and use even those for our good and His glory. I am also thankful that He has been able to take my bad choices and use me to try to help others avoid the same pitfalls. I think this was especially true where our children were concerned. I have to confess that for a long time, even though He had forgiven me, I had not forgiven myself and carried a load of unnecessary guilt. I am thankful, too, that He has finally released me from all of that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would have become a transcriptionist when I was in college years ago instead of having to go back now that I've got two kids to work around. And I would have avoided a horrible relationship. That did nothing good for me so to say I'm who I am today because of that is not a compliment to myself. The only other thing is I would have handled my money better.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would not date as a teenager. My entire college career was promised to my parents by our school principal. But when I became pregnant the deal was off. I had planned to enter the field of law.
    Anonymous

• I would only change my reactions to certain situations. Looking back, I wasted too much time trying to gain respect from certain people in my past.

To anon that lost her promised college career, it's never too late. You can go to college and even law school while you are a mommy.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I do everything in my life what I say that I never do,when I was young.But it isnt my choice to come in Serbia,because of stupid war.Im sure that I dont get married at 19.have first kid at 20,second in 22. Now I would change everything in the past but that I realy can,you know Im such confused that even then I probably do it again
    ilijana

Answer by ilijana at 2:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• nothing at all
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2010