Does a sore throat with a headache ALWAYS mean strep?

It came on kind of sudden. I only have a very slight fever, and though the left side of my throat is really scratchy, I have more left ear pain than anything. I still feel functional...but I have a slight throbbing headache even after 600mg of Ibuprofin. W/o the IB, it is a SPLITTING headache.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• no not always. have someone look in your mouth for white spots... thats strep. maybe you have an ear infection??
    Anonymous

• You could have a sinus infection. They can be really nasty if you go too long without treatment. Best thing to do is see your Dr, and he can test you for strep. That's the only way to be sure.
    Anonymous

• Of course not. Those can be symptoms of a cold, flu, throat infection, tonsilitis, and probably a whole lot more.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Nope. Sounds more like sinus to me. If my throat hurts and I have a headache, it is my sinuses. I have had strep a few times and never had the headache. I had aches and body pains with a fever and white spots on the back of my throat. But, like ThrivingMom pointed out, it could be any number of things.
    Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010