My 3 year old....

ok so my 3 year old is very smart. sometimes i think a little too smart for her age, but then i think ok so she cant cound at 10, she doesnt know her ABC's, and she doesnt know how to wright at all... and i know she will b starting school soon. and bc she cant do thoes things im afraid she will not be able to attend.

do any of you have any thing that i can help her learn any of this.

iv tryed flash cards, iv tryin singing. the leao frog toys.. and i've even tryed getting something for when she does learn something but then when i ask her the next day she forgets.... so really nothing works. i kinda feel like a bad mom bc i feel like she should know if not all f that most of it...

Dayna-Marie

Asked by Dayna-Marie at 2:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it depens on preschool , my dd is almost 3 and by 21/2 she knewher abc, colors,shapesand numbers 1-20
    here are some sites i used
    starfall.com
    fisherprice,com
    dltk-teach.com
    i also googled preschool activities and arts and crafts. it really depends on the child my dd wanted to learn and she learn fast.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• They NEED to know that for preschool? I swear I remember learning my ABC's and numbers in kindergarten..... well, all you can do is just keep trying and working with her, maybe make it fun. My son is 28 months right now and yeah, he knows his color's..lol!! that's about it. We try shapes and numbers and he doesn't care haha..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I never heard of a 3 year old needing to learn those things in order to attend pre-K. I think you should find out. I'm sure you are mistaken.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Don't stress!!! I'm pretty sure she won't need to know anything ahead of time before going to preschool. Esp. if you put her in the 3yr old class. Sometimes littles one know a whole lot more than they show you. My 3 yr old wouldn't count for me for anything, then at his 3 yr check up he counted to 10 perfectly for the dr! Just read books and keep things fun for your LO. Don't try to push them to learn of they shut down because they feel overwhelmed.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010