Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons father and I need to be on a "good terms" factor for our 6 year old. How do I go about showing the father that what I want is in the best interest of our child?

My sons father and I are NOT on good terms at all! I can not think to even talk to this man. My son is now 7 and wants to know "both" sides of his family. He also wants his home NOW(with me and his stepdad) to be his HOME. He just wants a visit on occasions, nothing more.

What are some steps I should conisder in taking this action further?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • I would write a letter to him and let those feelings out on paper.....I think that may prove to be the best avenue so that neither one of you has the anxiety of being in front of eachother. Tell hiim how you feel and what you desire for your son.....perhaps him reading a heartfelt letter will allow the both of you to begin a rapport that is civil and beneficial to your child

    Answer by LynnB1 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • Is there a reason the adults can't all sit down and discuss this then write up a Parenting Plan then present it to the Court?

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • I agree with admckenzie. Don't write him a letter cuz men hate reading those emotional letters from women. LOL. You just need to arrange a time where you can sit down and talk these things out.

    Answer by lowencope at 5:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.