question concerning the right atrium of the heart....

my son went to urgert care a few weeks ago since it was a sunday and the normal doctor was closed. the doctor there told us ethan had a heart murmur.

we had him checked by his normal pediatrician and she didn't hear anything that sounded like a heart murmur. she did have an xray of his chest done as well.

today we got a call and were informed that the right atrium of his heart is slightly enlarged. he's due to have an EKG today. if that's normal, then we will just discuss with a pediatric cardiologist. if it's abnormal, then he will have to go to the hospital for further testing.

anyone know of someon with an enlarged atrium? what causes this? how serious is this?

i'm a little freaked out at the moment.... we will not know the results of the EKG until Monday.

MommyToEthan

Asked by MommyToEthan at 2:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• BIG HUGS!!! I don't have a clue... I'm going to have to read about it :-( Keep us updated!!!
    CasandraFinlay

Answer by CasandraFinlay at 8:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Sorry to hear about this. I don't know either, but wanted to send hugs as well.hugging

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2010