Do you have a strange obsession? Please dont laugh...

I have recently started having this obsession. It stems from the fact that baby #3 was a complete suprise (was BFing and using BC, and DS2 was only 5 mos when I got pregnant)... even though I'm on Depo, I have little faith in BC, and every time I pop into Dollar General I cant stop myself from buying one of the dollar pregnancy tests. I figure, its just a dollar... Yeah. That adds up, as over the past 2 months I've blown $20 on tests that come up negative. I dont have a period and I get really hormonal and have some pregnancy symptoms (<~ this is my justification for the impulse buys)

So yeah, my new obsession is taking a pregnancy test every so many days. I cant stop... Augh!! Whats yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you were traumatized lol... I do have a weird obsession...when I start the oven, I freak out and worry that the cat jumped in, and I check it like 3-5 times while it's heating up. I have the same obsession with my dryer, my washer, and my dishwasher. I also assume that my child is hurt when I hear a loud banging, and run into the room where the noise came from, even if my child isn't in it. I also have an issue with doorknobs being locked when it gets dark and curtains being shut. I've even found myself up at 2 in the morning not able to sleep and cleaning the house... it drove my husband nuts lol
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 2:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I remember those days! i went through a phase like that myself.

checking light switches, door locks, windowsill would be mine
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Checking on my sleeping baby - 3,4,10 times a night. She sleeps great! I do not though....
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I'm right there with you! I haven't had a real period since my twins were born almost 2 yrs ago. I take Dollar Tree pregnancy tests monthly and I usually buy 2 or 3 each time just to be sure of the results...lol.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I'm obsessed with checking door and window locks and I'm terrified my son will some how unlock and open his bedroom window, then fall to his death. Probably about 10 times a day I check is bedroom window to make sure it is shut and locked.

As for your pregnancy test obsession, you might want to start monitoring your "symptoms." Although you aren't having a period, you might be having PMS symptoms. Use a pocket calendar (you can keep it in your purse or night stand or whereever, but its more likely to be private) to track it. If your not already, you might consider using condoms or a diapragm with spermicide to give you some added peice of mind.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I think I used to have more before I became a mom.. More than anything now, I need to make sure all the doors and windows are locked, I have always had that one! just a security safety need now.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• shoot i just checked myself today to see if i was pregnant, even tho ive had periods every month & im a faithful pill taker! at least you're missing a period haha!

i have so many strange obsessions its gonna be a long list. first, i have to count everything i see along the road (when im not drivng) like cows, construction barrel, parking meters, etc. i cant eat a sandwich all together, i have to eat each piece one at a time. i have to wash the dishes in just the right way. theres more but then i have mild OCD so i have a reason :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Obsession? Hmmm, I don't know. Checking my facebook for messages?
    Anonymous

• I check the oven, to make sure nothing is in there that isn't supposed to be. I also worry about my cat getting in the washer or dryer. That one is because I did have a kitten that got in the dryer when my dad was doing his laundry. And he died. That was 15 years ago next month, but I still check.
    I also have an obsession with pens and pencils. I don't have any friggin idea where the hell that comes from.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Oh, I have to fold the towels a certain way. And when I fold the washcloths, I alternate them stacked on each other. The open side and the folded side. One day my daughter folded them for me. I had to redo it all. I got very uneasy about the way she did it. I also alternate underwear and panties the same way. And jeans, when they are folded. I guess I have several more, but I can't think of them right now.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2010