Clomid unmointered

so i'm sitting here talking to my doctor when something popped in my head and of course he wouldn't have the answer so i decided to ask the people that would give me the best answer. Mothers lol. Well anyways i was talking to my doctor about clomid and i was wondering has anyone ever actually taken clomid without being monitered or without their doctor telling them. I mean has anyone found out they have ovulation problems and just took matters into their own hands. And if so why did you do that and what was the outcome. I told my doctor i was going to ask a question about this and he goes well that is a good question phone me when you find out anything. He was just as curious as I am lol gotta love doctors that try and relate to you. Well theres no right or wrong answers here but no bashing each other

Lori1818

Asked by Lori1818 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I am currently taking chlomid TTC our 2nd child. I am not being monitored (if by monitored you mean going in to the drs office to have a vaginal ultrasound to see if you have any viable eggs.) My Insurance sucks and unless medically necessary the ultrasounds are not covered. Its my 2nd month on it and I didnt ovulate last month so im hoping it works this time!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• do you mean monitored by ultrasound or blood work? I did CLomid with my OBGYN and wasn't monitored closely. With the fertility specialist I was monitored very closely and found out I needed a higher dose. Got pregnant the 2nd month!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 1:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2010