when someone says

"without God , I am nothing" or "I am nothing without God"

I personally find it kind of sad...I mean do they REALLY feel like without thier belief they would be nothing?

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 2:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think what they mean when they say that is that God has a higher priority in their lives than they themselves have. Followers of Jesus Christ believe that when they accepted Him as their Lord and Savior, they turned their lives over to Him for His direction. They make decisions based on what they believe He would have them do, as best they can discern that. Then they are giving Him credit for who they are today and not claiming to have gotten there all by themselves. A good example would be a person who has been caught up in some kind of addiction in his earlier years and then later found a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. They were then able to overcome the addiction, clean up their lives so that they were completely transformed from the addict they once were. You will often hear those people say that they owe who they are to God and His transforming power.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Idk if I've ever heard anyone say that before... but I personally don't believe in that stuff, and I think people that are that obsessed with god are crazy. It's never been/ can't be scientifically proven that god exists.
    Anonymous

• On the other hand, it hasn't been proven that doesn't exist. that's why people believe even though god isn't tangible.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It really is a circular arguement, you can't disprove ANYTHING that CAN NOT be proven. I hate when people ask theoretical questions about GOD because it's always a huge debate, and it's not debatable. Personally , it's not something I can believe in, it's not something I would want to debate because there can never be a winner. I've always just thought that religion was an excuse to scare people into being better people, the 10 commandments is just a guide to a happy life and marriage if you ignored the parts about god, and half of them are laws anyway...
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 2:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I may have heard that in a movie. I have heard a man say..."God fixed my tire." Kind of funny to me. Anyways, it makes sense to me. Im thinking about those words and looking at the whole entire picture of Gods love.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• *do you think that it is like - since God (according to believers) made us-that literealy without him they would not be here at all? or s it that they feel their lives would be worthless and they would be worthless without him? (which is what I find sad- I mean there are people who have done great things been great moms or whatever without being beleivers)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• god is an alien....look at the sumerians...you'll understand LOL
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Well maybe not worthless but rather lost without him. And when they find answers in God they are no longer lost? God is their support and strength.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• God existing, and doing what he does, isn't the equivalent of a belief in God in these statement.

Anonymous

• For me, the statement is talking about love. It is no different then when people are referring to their husband or children in this manner. It is about the content, happiness, satisfaction and etc in a persons life. I may be able to survive with out them, but to know the love that I have experienced from them, makes me sad to wonder what it would be like with out them.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010