Who had an abortion and truly regreted it?

Do you have remorse? Do you wish you hadn't done it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, bc the father was a jack ass, and i will not have another one of him be born.. hell no.
    Anonymous

• pero u knew wat u were doing.................. its not ur babys fault u shouldnt had done anything with him............ my man went to prison i got drunk 1 day he had been there like a yr and i got drunk and 2 wks later i found out i was prego. my mans mom tld me get an abortion and dnt tell him but i couldnt i didnt hav e the heart....... it crossd my mind so many times but i couldnt the guy i am currently prego from bounced and says it aint his... that killd me not only did i lose my bf which is also my 1st bby daddy now im prego from a guy thats an asshole..... im only 21 and wrk a full time job my other son is only 23 mnths and i dnt get any help from his daddy so im stuck but i still couldnt get an abortion.. i knew wat i was doing from the moment i opend my legs.... i just think we shouldnt be so stupid............. y not just have a bby and suffer but try ur hardest then jkill the bby and u suffer later
    Anonymous

• I had one at nineteen. It was absolutely the right decision. I never regretted it. When I got pregant a second time, at 35, the counselor at Planned Parenhood sort of talked me out of an abortion; also the right decision and one I have never regretted.
    Anonymous

• I regret it. I was forced into it at age 16 by my 19yo controlling abusive boyfriend. I wish I had kept our baby sometimes...but then again, if I had...I wouldn't have my two beautiful kids I have now...a 2yo and an 8mo...they are my life...and this is the way I look at it...to a certain extent, yes, I regret having the abortion, and wish it could have gone another way...but then again...every choice, and every mistake I have ever made, has led me to where I am today....I've got two beautiful kids, an amazing fiance, and a wonderful life. And if I hadn't made any of those mistakes, including the abortion... then I may not have all the things I have today, and I sure wouldn't be the person I am today. I couldn't have given that child everything they deserved...and I certainly couldn't bare giving it up for adoption....so I guess it all worked out for the best...
    Anonymous

• I hate how everyone says things like "people should suffer the consequences of having unprotected sex.." Like getting pregnant and having a child is such a bad thing. Yes, if you're young...it's not particularly easy and fun...but having or not having a child isn't a punishment....it's a gift.
    Anonymous

• I had one when I was 16 by my boyfriend! We dated for 4 years & after I broke up with him, he went tp prison for selling drugs. I didn't even know it! I also found out later that he was sleeping with several women behind my back & he did give me an STD. I can't imagine raising a child with someone like that.So, no I do not regret it because I went on to finish high school, get two college degrees & meet my soul mate that I now have a DD by!
    Anonymous

• I had 3. I don't regret them. I was too young and wouldnt have been a good mom at the time.

I love my son.. and wouldnt want my life any other way.
    Anonymous

This exactly. I have rarely heard something that sounds as stupid as "you knew you were taking that chance when you had sex". Children are not consequences for bad behavior.
    Anonymous

• so I have decided to post this using my profile instead of anonymous bc I think every one should stand behind their opinion, not hide from it.

Children are a gift from God. It is not anyone's right to take a life, no matter how small. killing (and yes, it is killing!) an unborn child is not any different than killing an adult. You should never punish the child b/c you made a bad decision. There are a lot of people that are unable to have kids that would make great loving parents who would love to adopt a baby to raise.

But I guess it is just easier to "get rid of the situation" then deal with it.
    stacyfru

Answer by stacyfru at 4:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

thanks for sharing.. but that isnt what the post was about.. why did you feel it necessary?
    Anonymous