How do you stay fit and in shape as a stay at home mom.

Im trying but I have gained atleast 15lbs since I been a SAHM. And its only been a year!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wake up early, run on my treadmill, do pushups and situps......eat very healthy...I weigh less now than before I got pregnant...and I've been preggo twice!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• same with the pp.

I'm up an hour earlier than everyone and do a daily workout (treadmill, bike or weights) - I Eat Clean, and just make healthy decisions.

we walk the 3km to school and back, walk to the store, park at teh back of the parking lot. lots of outdoor activities - biking, skating, sledding, snowshoeing, camping and hiking.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I've been a stay at home since my daughter was born over 2 years ago. I've got two kids...and I'm still 5'2 and I stay between 105-115lbs. I don't really DO anything. Just chase the little ones around, and I don't eat junk all day. I don't eat healthy but I don't just eat all day either. But then again...I'm only 20 and I'm sure all this will eventually catch up with me...and I will begin gaining weight. But I'd say just eat right...you don't have to go on a completely strict diet or anything...but eat healthy, stay hydrated...and take the kid or kids for walks everyday. You'll be fine. You just gotta be more active is all.
    Anonymous

• what about mom's that work outside the home, my son is going through a phase for the past 3 months where he wakes up at least 4 times, I've tried almost every method and now last night I finally after not sleeping for 3 days more than 2 hours each night, I ended in his bed and we slept for 5 hours straight.... which seems like forever at this pace, I get up, make him breakfast, ,just in the shower, bring him to his daycare center then go to work from 8:30 to 5, go pick him up from my mom's ( he goes only PT to the daycare center ) then we head home, wake up daddy, make dinner, bath then bed and I have to basically go to bed when he does at 9:30 cause he wakes at 5am.... I have yet to find a way to get some excersize time in !!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I lost all my baby weight within two weeks of ahving my DD. I went back to work at 6 weeks & then quit to be a SAHM when she was 4 months and I started losing weight. I was getting exercise from doing housework instead of sitting behind the computer all day. I never did & still don't watch what I eat! My DD is now 4 & I have stayed slim. i did join a gym last year to help keep me in shape & to get me out of the house! I am in much better shape feom being a SAHm!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 3:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• want to add....I've been home for 9 years and have 3 kids now.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I do yoga...and rassle....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I excersice while kiddos are asleep with DVD or if they are awake, I give them 1 lb weights. They love em!
    Pop them into double stroller and walk/jog.
    Turn on the music.
    Balloons. Lift your baby up and bop baby's head up under the balloon.
    Push kids around in laundry basket.
    Play hide and go seek iside or out.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• *tip - give kids emptied toilet paper rolls and pretend they are weights.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I work out at an all women's gym called Curves 3 x's a week.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010