Moms who have experience with PPD:

Did suffering from PPD ever made you not want another baby? or Does your experience with PPD (whether you had it before or are still suffering from it) make you apprehensive to get pregnant again? Even if you love children and want your child to have a brother or sister?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had it with both my children and still want more. When I had the depression no did not want any more. But once things were under control and done with PPD. I was back to wanting another child.
    Anonymous

• I had severe PPD after baby #2 - it was from suddenly being done having babies. I knew we were only having 2 but when that reality hit and the second was born I couldn't handle it.

Anonymous

• I had PDD when I was 17 and well I wanted to give my baby up..not have her raised in disfunction...baby's father wouldn't sign away his rights...He also wouldn't be responsable either.
    I was very depressed that I was forced into parenthood without anyone's support....She needed a happy family not drunks and drugs!
    I don't know if I was any help...just had to let it out that I did have it and wasn't treated for it but I got over it slowly, after she turned one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010