When you dye your hair do you dye the whole head of just the roots?

Especially if you have already dyed it 4 to 6 weeks ago? Thanks!

Oh and you did it yourself :) I stick to one color and I find it too expensive at the salons. One day I went to a salon and I liked it but after that I went running around to take care of some errands and would u believe I had dark smudges on my forehead and sides of my face ( thinking she had cleaned me up) I couldn't tell it was kind of dimm in the place... and I trusted this sylist to make me look ok :( and I had given her a $10.00 tip....man had I known I was going to walk around like a clown I would of never given her shit...I know I couldn't have done that to someone...I got over it and still liked my hair but now I do it myself....Your thoughts thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If I stay with the same color. I just touch up the roots. But the next time around I will do the whole head. Because it does tend to loss some of its color.
    Anonymous

• are you asking how to do it yourself? or is it jsut more of a rant thing?

if you are asking HOW- you are supposed to do the roots and then the last few min pull it through to the ends
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I only do the roots if I'm not changing the color. My hair is really long and when I do the whole head I'm just about at the point where I need 2 boxes of dye now.
    Anonymous

• My haircolor tends to fade within the 4 to 6 weeks so i usually do the whole head.It just loses that luster so I redo the whole thing.
    barndogsgrl

Answer by barndogsgrl at 9:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010