What would you do?

I recently put my name down for a drawing to win a vehicle I knew it was too good to be true and yes I won something but it wasn't the vehicle...lol it is some stupid resort that keeps calling me and either I check on the caller ID I answer but I hang up quickly so they won't keep leaving messages the other day I answered but I pretend it wasn't me and said I would relay the message. How do I get these people to stop callling. Once in the past I had my name picked before and I fell for it I went to there place and came back with a set of knives man I wish I could have use those knives on them...for making me spend the whole day there and missing a days work those bastards...Yes it is my fault but c'mon it is so convincing and you just believe...that is a cruel joke...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• your name never gets picked in those "win a car" crap. they take everyones info and say you won...BUT.... theres is that big but!! its never the car you win. ever. always something where you have to buy something or do something. dont ever fall for it, and they and there other companies will call you til the day you get a new phone number!!
    Anonymous

• You simply answer when they call and inform them that you are not interested and they need to take you name off the list or make a note. Tell them you do not want to be called again for this offer. Then hang up. If they call again, tell them that you have asked once already for them not to call and to remove your name and make a note and if they call again, your will inform the the poilice in this matter. They will never call again. Make sure your tone is harsh.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Answer the phone and tell them to take your name off the list.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If they keep calling after you asked them not to, say " please hold on a minute" then put the phone down and don't come back to it until you know they hung up. Sales is a numbers game and they will be wasting all their call time on hold. Calling the police won't help as nothing will happen unless you have lots of money to spend on a lawyer and you wouldn't win anyway.
    mombuzz

Answer by mombuzz at 3:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I never told her to call the police...I said to tell them she was going to call. She can't just keep putting them on hold either. She has to demand they not call and then, they wont. I should know...I had all sorts of people calling my house when I got my number...I now have no one except family or friends calling..LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• ask them for their home number and if you can call them back when they are in the middle of their dinner :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Tell them to take your name off of their calling list. It is the law now where telemarketers (which is what they're doing) cannot call back if you tell them to take you off their list.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You have to answer the call and tell them to take your name and number off their call list. They have 10 days, by law, to do so. If, after 10 days, they do not comply, then you can file a report with the consumer agency.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• we apparently keep winning this vacation..so im like asking myself "do i pay for the airlines, food, ect., ect??" this chick keeps calling and saying "why wouldnt you pick up your free vacation?" well we know that there's gonna be some expenses involved so we didnt fall for it. i would just ignore it. they cant keep bugging you till your on your death bed.

or you could say your not interested but then you get alot of jibber jabber. there was one time a person who'd call and call and everytime i picked up there was nothing so i guess i got a jokster, so everytime the number came up, i just unplugged the phone, then plug it back in again.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010