PAGANS---Pentagram ring

I want to wear my pentagram ring so that the apex points "up".

So which way should I wear it?
apex pointing toward my knuckle?
or apex pointing toward my fingertip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• With all of my jewelry, I wear it so that when I look at it, it's right-side-up to me. Which would translate to the apex pointing toward the finger tip.

My mom says that jewelry is supposed to be worn so that other people seeing your rings see it right-side-up, meaning the apex would point toward your knuckle.

If I worse a pentagram or other odd-numbered pointed star ring, I would point it toward my finger tip to spread energy outward. I have a habit of absorbing too much. Which, thank you, you have given me a great idea for a meditation and an excuse to borrow DH's ring.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I do the same as ecodani. I want to be able to see the pentacle right side up. It may appear inverted to other people but not to you. In addition, pointing the apex outward toward the end of your finger is said to produce a positive conduit for any magick you perform. It clears the way for magickal energies to go out to the universe.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have to agree with my sisters. Pointing toward the tip of your finger is best.

Although, I have a great need to correct this - cause it drives me CRAZY! Your jewelry is not "Pentagram Jewelry" it's Pentacle Jewelry. A Pentacle is a picture or figure, a pentagram is drawn... Watch this.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I have always just assumed that the word pentacle is the combination of the words "pentagram" and "circle", which are the two shapes that make up a pentacle. Without the circle, it is just a pentagram. 7th grade geometry.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2010