18 with two kids need advise on getting married or waiting?

ok i have a three yr old and a four month old baby and my SO gave me a ring and asked me to marry him we have been together for six yrs and have been talking about getting married we want to be right in the eyes of god and dont know if we are too young. we love each other very much and have already got our life together got a house and he gots a career at UPS but i just want to know what you all think because you are more wiser and have more experienced. should we wait an see how thing go or just do it? thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Get married. You are living together, have a house together, and have 2 children. You are already common law married, so do it right and be married in the eyes of God as well.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i got married when i was 18. i was 7 months pregnant with my son and it was fine. You seem in love and have everything in order... house, job, family.... it is your choice to get married though. i think why not?
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 4:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Why are you coming on the internet to ask a bunch of strangers to make a MAJOR life decision for you??
    I have spent some time on CM and I can tell you these are not the smartest bunch of women out there. You are better off making these life decisions for yourself. You know your own circumstances, no one here does. If you are really needing help about this seek professional marriage counseling.
    Anonymous

• I married my husband about 4 months after I turned 18. I had a 1 year old at the time (with another man but my husband has adopted him) and I was pregnant with our second. I believe you should follow your heart. Only you two know if it's right or not. My DH and I were only together a little over a year and I KNEW he was the one. Three years later and I believe it was the best decision I ever made.

I'm not sure about how to do it right in the eyes of God. I know that to do it in a church you usually have to not live together (or stay in different rooms) and obstain from having sex for certain amount of time and you even have to attend marriage classes. You should talk to the priest or minister of the church you want to get married in. I personally just had a court house wedding.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 4:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• get married and do things right
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• umm if you are living together and had 2 kids out of wedlock how are you worried about being right in the eyes of god? just wondering.
    Anonymous

• have you ever heard of asking for forgiveness and thats why i want to get married so i am not living in sin for the rest of my life!!! i just dont want to make the wrong decision and just wanted to know what others thought!! thank you to all the nice people that understand my situation i appreciate it
    Anonymous

• oh 338anon sigh ya think she wants to know if other women have been in her shoes or similar size?

Sounds ike you then started dating s o at 12 years old and first baby at 15years old and second baby four months ago and now you're 18 years old. How old is your s o? You have a house, somehow did you buy? Rent? If you buy be prepared that jobs can be lost and mortgage must still be paid. If you rent more often rent is raised year to year than mortgage is raised. Do you have money saved too?

I'd get counseling before getting married but accept a proposal. It can help clear hopes and dreams for each of you and needs as a married couple. Marriage certainly will give you more legal rights than not. But counseling could help you put into a lifetime practice what you've come through and hoping for.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I married my husband when I was 18. I'm SOO glad I did. He's a wonderful man, and a great dad. I knew it was the right decision for me. If YOU feel in YOUR heart that it's right for you, then do it. If you have doubts, wait. Have a long engagment and don't worry about a date yet.

From where I sit, God must already favor you if you have 2 beautiful kids, a stable life and a happy relationship. I don't think you need to get married to put things right, sounds to me like you already did :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I don't see why you'd wait if you are happy together and want to be together and want to get married. I vote yes

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010