Honestly, do you enjoy motherhood?

Is being a mom fun for you, or does it just seem like a chore? How has that changed for you as your child(ren) get older or as your family grows?

Its.Me.T.

Asked by Its.Me.T. at 4:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes and yes. There are times of sheer joy and there are times of work. Kind of like life.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• yep, there are times i love it and times i just want to run away.. but that can be said about every aspect of my life.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 4:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I absolutely love being mommy!! My son will be 5 in April, and sometimes I wonder where the time has gone. To me there is nothing greater then the joys of motherhood.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i dont always but i do it and thats what truly matters,ive had some amazing things happen and i say they are worth the days that were overwhelmming
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i wanted to have kids in my life somehow by adopting or a job or by birth since I was twelve when I started babysitting. Almost twentysix years ago my first child was home and I still have two at home one's in college and another in hs. I've been a sahm since my first was born. Seeing my kids from being newborns to now my oldest working is a most awesome gift. It's been very very hard in sicknesses and hard money times, hard emotional times too and of course the no I won't do homework times -still ongoing for me lol. I had some practice with kids babysitting when I was a teen that helped me decide I wanted kids somehow in my life more often than not.

As a mom of growing and grown and adult kids I can say if a mom looks at life as growing children then when they come into adulthood and more grown situations it's easier to guide them instead of do for them.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I love being a Mother. It's special because I have a strong bond with my child. He is such a joy! A true gift from God!
    Anonymous

• I'm not liking it today, but then I am home alone with my 3 and a half year old, 21 month old, and 7 week old and me and both toddlers are sick. Today is one of those days that I wish stay at home moms got sick days.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Yes and yes here too. Today not so much...my twins both have runny noses and there is a constant stream of grossness here. Plus my son didn't let me sleep much last night for no apparent reason. I let him CIO but we live in a tiny apartment and his sister didn't feel well so I eventually had to get up to make him stop.....

I think motherhood is work, but it's the most rewarding job in the world.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I LOVE being a mom & I LOVE being able to stay home w/ her. Now the dishes are another story..... :)
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I LOVE being a MOM!! wouldn't change it for the world. I hated being pregnant, but wouldn't change being a MOM. I love spending quality time with my LO. Don't get me wrong b/c it can have its drawbacks and you don't your me time as often as you would like but look at the wonderful human being you are raising.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010