At what age did you realize your child had allergies?

WHat is your child allergic to?

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 5:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• My kids have general allergies (dust pollen, that sort of thing). It was obvious by the time they were about 6 months old. My older one has the dark circles under her eyes that they call "allergy shiners". My younger one seemed to have a never ending cold when she was a baby - it turned out to be allergy congestion.
    Anonymous

• 18 mos when we discovered peanut and egg allergies. Just b/c I saw hives when she tasted peanut butter and I have never been able to get my LO to eat eggs and now I know why.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• With my oldest I figured it out when he was just a couple weeks old. Dairy. I found when I ate dairy my son had gas/tummy problems. When he was older, maybe 2. I figured out he was allergic to watermellon, cininum, & oranges. Discovered the watermellon when he had some on the 4th of July he had some and that light he cried all night w/ tummy pains, Oranges and cininmun caused him to itch all over.
    W/ my 2nd son I figured out he also had issues w/ dairy when he was a week old, no more dairy for me. & then when he was about 6mo I discovered he was allergic to nuts. Whenever I ate nuts he would get an ear infection(breastfeeding).
    Now DD developed severe eczema around 6mo old covering her whole body. I went and had Nutritional Response testing(no needles) done. Her stressors are dairy, gluten, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar. I took those things out of my diet & in 8wks u would never know she even has eczema
    Anonymous

• i found out when my son was 4 months old. he had an cold and they gave him amoxicillian, i now know he is allergic to all cillians, that allergic reaction was fun.
    DamiensxmommyxO

Answer by DamiensxmommyxO at 7:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• 11 months. allergic to augmenten. broke out in a rash from diaper to head!!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 10:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I didn't know my daughter had allergies until she was about 8 years old. She had signs when she was an infant, but I thought they were just cold or flu problems. She has mild allergies and so I didn't know that was what was goin on until she was about 8 and she had the dark circles around her eyes, and a rash without a fever.

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2010