he tells me he has to pee one minute.. then the next minute he pees his pants..

i was so overjoyed when my son said "MOMMY! I HAVE TO GO PEE PEE!!" and i thought i was finally getting somewhere with this whole potty training thing. but the next time he had to go.. he peed his pants. grrrrr! why is this? i need suggestions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• he is just beginning to recognize the urge, don't stress, they get it eventually.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It is a process. They are still learning. My daughter would have a few good days and then have three accidents a day for a day or two and then go back to a week of good. My son is still working on it. He has good days and bad. Just be patient, they will get it, it just takes time.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• He's starting to recognize the urge to go. Once those muscles get stronger, he will feel the urge more and will know when to go. It takes time!
    Anonymous