Listen ladies i was in a relationship for 5 years, and we have 3 kids in the process. H

He drives trucks and all of a sudden we just started talking less. It got to a point we stop talking for days. So months went by I was at a point where I was fine with it,when I drop the kids off I wouldn't say anything to him,even if he was talking me about the kids. This went on for about 4 or 5 months. One day when he called to talk to the kids he asked to speak to me. Being that the kids was standing there I act very mature. He talked like nothing was wrong like we been talking the whole time. He called me a work and I asked him what did he want from me, he said nothing. I asked him one day why did he move back with his mama. He said I was not there for him when he needed me (money wise) when I need money he gives it to me. There other thing was I would say everything was mines not ours.I told him that we need to get it together for the sake of the kids, by the way our kids ages are 4,3,10 months. I just can't get a answer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• What are you asking?
    Anonymous

• ok, silent treatment is over. It's time to talk things out and work something out to where the kids can have good visitation with both parents. Try to get your own money to provide for yourself or try to work it out. I don't really know what you are trying to ask, so that's the best advice I can give to you.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I think not saying anything for so long says a lot. He obviously isn't interested in being in a close relationship. Just get child support and move on
    Anonymous

• My question why want he answer my question ( what do he want from me he got his freedom) I told him we need to get it together for the kids but he not talking about us working on it or nothing
    It seem like he feel there no problem with us. I don't know should I give him a timeline
    Or just move on I want us to be a family again but I don't want it to seems as I'm desperate or begging.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 6:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• He seems to have made it clear there's NO interest in being a family with you. MONTHS without talking? That would be understandable if he was a deep undercover agent for the CIA or fighting int he mountains of Afghanistan and tlaking to you would endanger his life.

Sounds like there are things you don't know about him. He might just have another family along his route.

For the sake of the kids...let him go. They don't need this kind of example.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Excuse me...days without talking. Still. NOT GOOD. LOTS of red flags here.

• It seems to me he's not interested in being in a relationship with you. My SO is also a truck driver. We talk every day, sometimes for several hours (he has a headset for his cell). We never go even one day without talking, even if it's only for 10 minutes. When you are not able to be together everyday, it's more important than ever that you talk daily, about all the little things that are going on at home and for him to tell you what's going on out on the road. There is no reason that he can't talk to you. Even w/o a headset, he has to take his 10 hr break, so there's no reason he can't call you during that. Or when he stops to use the bathroom, grab some lunch, pick up/drop off a load. I would stop leaving it to him to decide what to do, and just decide for yourself to end it or whatever and tell him. Maybe if he hears you're ending it, he'll do a 180. Who knows? But don't leave it up to him anymore. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have job but when I had our daughter I was out of work. I just cannot get a direct answer from. He just talk like we go back together,but he not trying to move back home. I want to be married and get a house together so we can move on and raise our kids. But he said we would talk about and see where we can go from here. I suggested we start from the beginning. He still has not made a effort. I really do think we are back where we left at.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 6:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If you wern't talking to him, he may have honestly thought nothing was wrong. Men aren't social creatures and don't need to talk like we do. Men often interpret silence as contentment. If you aren't complaining, then everything must be ok.

If you want to start working together as a couple then you have to start talking. Men aren't mind readers. He can't fix the problem if you don't tell him what the problem is.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You are right thank u for the advice.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 7:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2010