Question for cloth diapering moms

Do you use or would you consider using menstrual alternatives like washable pads instead of disposables, sea sponges instead of tampons, and other items like moon cups or diva cups?

Some people think washables are gross to wash, but if we're washing poopy diapers, then this can't be much worse. People ask what they would do when they are away from home and they need to change the pad. There are bags available or can be homemade out of oilcloth that are waterproof and work great for carrying them until you get home.

Gladrags.com is one of many places to buy the alternate products, but they can also be homemade.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use momma pads, there is nothing gross about it. I started cloth diapering first because I didn't see the since in paying for something to wet and poop on and throw in the trash. just seemed like a waste of money. not long after I changed my pads too for the same reason. a waste of money.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 6:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Diva cups are awesome

Answer by rkoloms at 6:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i have thought about getting the diva cup. my sister just got one and loves it, and highly recomends it.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2010