already making plans on how to spend the life insurance policy money...and he wasn't even dead yet???

i just don't know how to take this. My uncle just passed away yesterday. He has been in ICU for a few weeks and we werent expecting him to live but my grandma told me last night that for the last week his daughter (before he even died) was already planning on how to spend the money he was leaving her...looking at new cars, etc.. is that not selfish and seem like she is waiting for him to die so she can get her paws on money or is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends on how old she is. Teens can be developmentally self centered. It may help her cope. Better that than depression.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• she is 26..same age as me, we are only 2 wks apart
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• For an adult, it's not. And she may be in for a shock after the hospital and funeral bills are settled. And an even bigger one if any kind of trust was set up.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• oops, i was wanting to be anon, oh well
    shay1130

• If you only have one possession and it's money and that part is the force of life that's left, than that is the life he was leaving, perhaps he was always focusing on who got the money and how they'd have that , source, that one thing to connect from him to the offspring, well, a few times in our own family we were in the boat of who and where would the money go to, and it was much neater to just deal with it and blink quickly than to argue or dispute over it.
    Anonymous

• kinda selfish to be out looking at cars imo
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• that is really sad. i'm sorry for your loss. you'd think she'd want to grieve her loss a little. i don't know what to say about that.
    Anonymous

• actually they didnt really have money...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• unfortunately it happens more than we like to think. Maybe she'll by a Toyota. It would serve her right

Answer by admckenzie at 6:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Pretty sick...and I hope she doesn't get her hopes up for getting it any time soon. My dad passed this past July. He left me a butt load of money, and I still don't have it. These things take forever. I would give up every penny to have him back just one more day.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010