this is my first baby... dont you hate when people tell you how to take care of your baby??

how you should feed? when should you? dont do this.. i use to do this ect....

i know how to take care of my baby!!!

i dont mind advice sometimes but all the time?

what can i tell them in a nice way to mind your own business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "Thanks for the advice."

Then continue to do things your own way. Let things flow in one ear and out the other.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I smile and nod and then promptly ignore any advice I don't like.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• smile and walk away - and yeah I HATE that My son is 6 1/2, and it still happens, I am a single mom, people thin they are helping, but seriously if Im nost asking for advice I dont want it
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• indeed i do :)
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• NO! i actually love people who've been there-tried that to give me their tips and pointers. this is my one and only (4 1/2)..i've got to do the best job i can, and if that means taking advice from experienced parents, awesome! he's not my rough-draft, and i hope to have 'it' down on the next one..he's it!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• This is your first baby. How do you know how to take care of your baby? Most women don't have a clue.

There are moms here that think all decisions are equal. Formula is just as good as breastmilk. It's ok to let babies cio. You should put cereal in bottles of formula. Formula fed babies should be fed as much as they can guzzle down. You need to spoon feed babies jar food starting at 4 months or even earlier. It's ok for adults to spank, hit, or pop toddlers and children. That the way to parent is to punish by using hitting, time-outs, taking away affection, taking away favorite things, grounding, ect.

It's obvious many women are not prepared to mother. No one has taught them and they have not taken the time to learn on their own.
    Anonymous

• I smile and tell them "thank you for your permission on what I need to do for MY child" that usually shuts them up
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Just say, I'll take your advice into consideration.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• For instance the anon above I just laughed and rolled my eyes. Some people have good advice, but others think they know everything and they in fact don't. You just have to wade through the idiots. I enjoy good advice and I usually catalog the advice and if I need it I use it if not then I let it go. Just remember MOST people mean well.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• There are moms here that think all decisions are equal. Formula is just as good as breastmilk. WELL I FF MY FIRST AND I KNEW BM WAS BEST BUT I AHD TROUBKLE BFIt's ok to let babies cio.DONT CIO IT WAS A CHOICE BUT VERYONE TOLD MT TOO You should put cereal in bottles of formula. Formula fed babies should be fed as much as they can guzzle down. I KNEW THAT WAS NOT TRUE You need to spoon feed babies jar food starting at 4 months or even earlier. I DID AND IT WAS MY HCOICEIt's ok for adults to spank, hit, or pop toddlers and children. I SPANK GAIN MY CHOICEThat the way to parent is to punish by using hitting, time-outs, taking away affection, I DO TIME OUTS taking away favorite things, grounding, ect.

I MADE ALL MY CHOICES BASED AND HOW I WNATED TO PARENT MY CHILD. I DIDNT FOLLOW ADVISED FORM OTHERS I FOLLOWED WHAT I AND MY HUBBY BELIVED IN. SO TAHT ARGUMENT YOU GIVE IS REALLY STPUID. I BF MY SECOND CUZ I WAS READY.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010