well i just found out i was pregnant yesterday but 2 b sure im waiting to take another test next week is that ok or do i just need to contact a doctor?

i had a miscarriage in december and this will b my first child

trspann

Asked by trspann at 6:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• contact a doc
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I also had a miscarriage in December, and I just got a positive pregnancy test the day before yesterday - I went to the doctors this morning and they did an ultrasound and confirmed it, I'm 5 weeks and 1 day.
    Go to your doctors, good luck. :)
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Just make sure you are making a good womb environment - no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs, and extra folic acid. It's reallly important right now while the baby is doing the early development.

You need to decide where you want to have the baby - home, birth center, or a specific hospital. Research your options. After you decide then you can pick your care provider - midwife, CNM, family practice MD, or OB.

There really isn't any reason to rush to the doctor. The test has told you that you are pregnant and there isn't anything to be sure about. You don't need to retest. Since you have miscarried some women wait until the first trimester is over to tell everyone, but of course that's up to you.

Remember, having a baby is normal not a medical condition. Congratulations!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• hey lady!!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• good luck.. go to the doc ASAP..so that u can make sure everything is ok.. and that u can try not to have another mc..
    i had one last year.. and im now 9 weeks and its ok so far.. i wish u luck..
    lscott2208

Answer by lscott2208 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010