What is your wish for your child as they grow up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wish for him a life free of repression and violence. I hope that he has a life free of too much worry, and I hope he truly gets to be a child. I pray that until he's older (he an infant now) that he is blind in a sense to all of the horrible things going on in this world. I hope he can believe in magic, imaginary things, and fairy tales....without a care in the world. I want him to experience everything possible, and to truly GET SOMETHING out of his experiences. I want him to always and only have fond memories of his childhood..and his parents. I wish for him to excel in something that he truly enjoys,even if it isn't "cool". I wish for him to have great friends that will last a lifetime. I hope that one day he has a career that he is passionate about, and looks forward to every day. Most of all, I wish for my little boy...to one day love himself as much as I love him, and to one day see himself as amazing as he is.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I just want my kids to grow up healthy, safe, and happy. There are others that I would like but aren't near as important.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• ^^^^^ What she said, =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• happy safe and healthy
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• For my kids I wish each rest and peace in their souls through as much of life as possible. My kids are teen, 22, 25. Two daughters 1 son. A lot of women I know have had miscarriages while I conceived without difficulty. I brought them and still guide them with words that if they marry or not, have birth babies or not, divorce or not, pay job or home raising kids what ever literally what ever to do it honorably and to know most of all that they are worthy of life and worthy to respect themselves first others second. I don't think any of them have had abortions but they know that self respect and respect of nearly everyone else is what's most important for their souls alive and God Forbid when they die.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• That they enjoy the ride while on the safe path to find their fate

Answer by admckenzie at 6:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Right now, a full college scholarship

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It bothers me when people say they want their children to grow up and be healthy and think nothing about it. My children will never be healthy. They, we, have a rare genetic disease that involves many genes that there is little hope of ever curing. My grandbaby also has it. It's a disease no one cares about and no one is doing research. The treatment is the same as 20 years ago.

There won't be any more grandbabies. Two of my 3 sons are getting vasectomies soon because of my grandson's diagnosis. It seems every generation will be afflicted.

My hope was my children would survive to be adults. They made it. There was only a 50/50 chance. We homeschooled and all have gone to college. All are polite and treat women well. They are are competent and know how to solve problems.

I was a single mom and I think I did ok. I hope they thrive and keep being able to work. That they can get the medical care they need.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Happy and inner peace. I dont care if they are happy scrubbing toilets for a living, I just want them to find their happiness and inner peace.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• That he doesn't end up like me. . I was a horrible child. lol
    mandar

Answer by mandar at 8:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2010