Where do I go for help with a 16 year old whom is special needs?

He has started cutting himself today. He is high functioning autistic, bipolar, paranoid, schizophrenia, generalized anxiety, and has epilepsy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• Take him to a psychiatrist and/or psychologist...as soon as possible.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• call your peds office NOW they can help you
    Anonymous

• oh I'm sorry mommy. I'd call his doctor with all that he must have more than one doctor. Who prescribes to regulate his meds for his brain, give them a call tonight. People can be admitted to a hospital for psychiatric care any time of the day or night no matter if weekday or weekend or holiday. Have his doctors who treat him outside of the hospital come and treat him inside of the hospital in addition to the hospital's doctors regularly on duty.

At least through a hospital you might be able to be in a group support system of families that continues to meet after hospitalization.

You have your hands full. Maybe you can get respite care through a visiting nurse care agency to at least rest even at home while someone else is watching your son.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I am sorry that u r going through this. I don't have any advice, just wanted to extend some empathy. little flower

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2010