Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do I go for help with a 16 year old whom is special needs?

He has started cutting himself today. He is high functioning autistic, bipolar, paranoid, schizophrenia, generalized anxiety, and has epilepsy.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

Answers (4)
  • Take him to a psychiatrist and/or soon as possible.

    Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • call your peds office NOW they can help you

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • oh I'm sorry mommy. I'd call his doctor with all that he must have more than one doctor. Who prescribes to regulate his meds for his brain, give them a call tonight. People can be admitted to a hospital for psychiatric care any time of the day or night no matter if weekday or weekend or holiday. Have his doctors who treat him outside of the hospital come and treat him inside of the hospital in addition to the hospital's doctors regularly on duty.

    At least through a hospital you might be able to be in a group support system of families that continues to meet after hospitalization.

    You have your hands full. Maybe you can get respite care through a visiting nurse care agency to at least rest even at home while someone else is watching your son.


    Answer by lfl at 7:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • I am sorry that u r going through this. I don't have any advice, just wanted to extend some empathy. little flower


    Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.