Has anyone used Dentek or Dentemp? (PIOC)

Just curious to see if anyone here has ever used Dentek or Dentemp temporary filling dental cement? I am not missing a filling but want to temporarily fill in a gap between two teeth. I'm just wondering if that would help. Any dentists or dental techs here or women who have used either one? Thanks

Asked by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm a dental hygienist - honestly, I can't imagine temporary filling material being able to fill diastemas (gaps) between teeth. My reason is because the color will not match temporary filling material is usually gray colored. Temp fillings are a matte finish and natural teeth are glossy. And shaping temp filling material would be difficult. Temporary filling material can irritate the gums if debris gets trapped between the filling and the gingiva.
    There are newer products out there like snap on smiles. Snap on smiles have to be fitted to your mouth by a dentist - if you can find one that does them in your area. They are also pricey.
    Invisalign braces would be a more permanent option. Invisalign was invented for minor orthodontic adjustments like gaps between the teeth. They will not work for major orthodontic adjustments.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I have - if your gap is on the bottom it should stay put on the sides but might not if your gap is bottom front. if your gap is top front probably won't stay put. if your gap is top side ether side will probably stay put. follow directions exactly.

there's actually a product out now don't know how bad it is for teeth but dentists are advertising it here's the link - it's what some little girls on tlc's toddlers and tiarra's wear as mouth pieces sometimes something similar to hide their baby tooth gaps before permanent teeth come in-

www.snaponsmile.com to hide gaps when financies aren't there for more permanent solutions.

your dentist might not approve of it or offer it - the site lists dentists to talk to about it. of course gotta make sure first that teeth are healthy.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010