? for mothers who only bf?

I have a 5week old & i was scare that this was going to happend again thats why i was undecided about bf again. With my 1st i bf her for 15months. It was hard because she wouldnt take the bottle i try so many different kinds. When I wanned to go out (to get my hair & nails done ect) & i couldnt take her I would just not go. Now that my 5week old wont take the bottle Im not going to be able to go out w/my hubby on date & so on.

My question is how do you do it, when u cant take ur little baby w/u & they wont take the bottles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you arent there they will take a bottle, it is having you there that makes them refuse.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Take baby when possible, otherwise, go between feeding times, or wait until she's a little older.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• keep trying - the longer you wait the harder it is
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I was amazing at nursing with out people seeing.

My in laws were very anti nursing... they are old school NYers. So I always left the room to nurse. One day my fil walked in chatted with me and left. When I came back out he said "oh the baby woke up?" I told him no... that the baby hadnt been asleep but that I had been nursing. He was SHOCKED. From that time on they were fine with me nursing infront of them... because they understood I wasnt gonna flash 'em a boob.
    Anonymous

• anon :30.... duh.... can ya tell im a tired blond....LOL

mis read that. Make sure you have a very undestanding sitter. And just leave a bottle. A grandparent is best in this situation.
    Anonymous

• I bf my daughter for 15 months and my son for just shy of three years. Neither of my kids EVER took a bottle. I ebf for the first 9 months with both. When I went out and did not take them I made sure to nurse them just before I walked out the door and then made sure I was home 2-3 hours later. That gave me enough time to run an errand or two or go to dinner with DH. I had to make the sacrifice of myself for my kids and that is what I wanted to do. They are now 5 and 3 and I am glad I did it. It was such a short time out of my life to give of myself to my kids. If you do not like doing that then pump and have DH give her one bottle a day. If you are not in the room it makes it easier for someone else to give a bottle. Also when you are nursing I was always told not to even introduce a bottle until after 6 weeks old, so you still have plently of time to work on it.
    Anonymous

• i used avent bottles 1st then went to soothies. i would let my lil one suck on me for a minute or 2 then i would hurry and switch and put the bottle in her mouth,she would cry so i would let her back on me then hurry and switch again. just keep trying, it will work
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• who is giving the baby a bottle? If its you-- baby will refuse...
    try having your hubby stay home with the baby for a while, and you LEAVE the house... see how baby does then. make sure baby is hungry---not starving though, cause then baby could also get frustrated & make it more difficult.
    good luck
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Hand baby to caregiver. Exit stage right. Or left. YOU need to be GONE when the bottle is given.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• my daughter was that way. the truth is, if bby gets hungry enough, he WILL eat. they can sure be stubbirn, but they will not starve themselves to death.

i tryed to go back to work when dd was 3months old. she went 3 days in a row, 9 hours straight w out eating ANYTHING bc i wasnt there. and she is FINE. so go get your hair doen, you really wont be gone that long.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2010