nexium question

has anyone taken nexium for extreme acid reflux and if so how did/does it help you? thank you to all who answer. my mother is going on this tomorrow and i am concerned. everyone i have heard who have taken it say it works very well.

eva123

Asked by eva123 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• It takes a few doses to really start working well,but once it does its excellent. I had some tummy pain with it at first,and occasional headaches.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I didn't have any side effects while on it. Like the previous poster said it will take a few doses to kick in. Once it does start working it makes a world of difference, or at least for me it did. It should be taken at least one hour before a meal to be most effective. The most common side effects are headache, diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, gas, constipation or dry mouth. Most of these side effects go away after continued use. You can read more about the medication at http://www.drugs.com/nexium.html
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 8:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Yes, I have used Nexxium and so have a few other family members. It really is a good medicine. There might be some mild side effects in the beginning, but they should go away. Good luck to ur mom. Hope she feels better soon!

butterfly

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2010