freedom in Christ....

I've been trying to put words to feelings concerning the freedom we Christians have in Christ. Maybe the freedom is more for when we mess up & not so we can mess up...it's not a get out of jail free card....but it is...hmm....just can't put words to it...any thoughts tho...

dcwhite4him

Asked by dcwhite4him at 7:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Freedom to mess up and get a clean slate each time?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• The freedom we have is Christ is knowing that we don't have to follow a bunch of rules to earn our salvation or fear that if we mess up too many times or bad enough then we will loose our place with God. Our freedom has already been bought and paid for by Christ and now we are free to serve and obey out of gratitude.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 7:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• " we don't have to follow a bunch of rules "

WHat?! Isn't christianity FULL of rules and "obeying" in order to remain at gods side?!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• No, we don't obey to remain on God's good side. We obey out of gratitude for the gift we have been given in our salvation. We will never obey perfectly, but Christ obeyed perfectly in our stead. All that God requires, he also provides in Christ.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 8:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• But if you don't obey, does he not threaten to send you to hell?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Not if we put our faith in Christ and the sufficiency of His perfect obedience and sacrifice.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 8:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• So you are basically saying you will take the suffering of another as a "free go to heaven" card? Or, do you look at it as, oh well, it's all paid for anyway, why not take it?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I could never earn my way to heaven, I could never be good enough so God provided. It was God Himself paying the debt I could never pay.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 8:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• The freedom we have in Christ is to be loved and to love in return. When you love you want to obey and be free in Him.
    It is not a freedom to SIN but a freedom to be free.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I LOVE the dialoging here :D y don't u all come over 4 supper 2 talk LOL...
    It is quite true that Christianity is not a bunch of rules. The law was only given to show us that we could not, no how, no way keep the law. It was to show us that we couldn't do it and the penalty for that was hell...which showed us that we needed a Savior!!
    There is nothing we can do to get into heaven and there's nothing we can do to get kicked out of heaven. It's purely about beleiving that Jesus came and lived a perfect life and died in my place.
    But the "get into heaven free card" is something that He died for me to take. He always knew that He would come and redeem mankind. It not taking advantage of Him it's wanting to be with Him...
    dcwhite4him

Answer by dcwhite4him at 9:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010